Reading Aloud to Your Child What’s the big deal?
In our busy day and time, when it seems that we do not have enough time to do the very most fundamental of duties, should we really make the time to read aloud? Regular reading aloud:
- strengthens a child’s reading, writing and speaking skills.
- improves a child’s listening comprehension.
- builds a larger vocabulary [they won’t speak what they have never heard!
- allows a child to taste the magic of imagination, which is far superior to any movie and can be used without the necessity of screen other than the mind!
- allows the child to hear inflection, cadence and the rhythm of the written word and then the ability to imitate the same flourishes and readers are born.
Please contact us if you would like to purchase any of these books and we will happily order them for you or look for them at Dover Books
This list will be updated regularly, so please come back soon!!
|Book||Recommended for Children aged|
|The Chronicals of Narnia
by C.S. Lewis
|Kindergarten and above|